In today’s digital age, businesses need to keep pace with the fast-evolving world to ensure efficiency while maintaining competitiveness. This is especially true for companies that rely heavily on printed materials for their sales and marketing strategies. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) with a limited budget for marketing need to allocate their resources wisely and explore cost-effective options available to them.
Enter, the One Card – an innovative digital solution that consolidates brochures, leaflets, and catalogues into a single digital card.
But the question remains: how much money can a company – say with 20 sales staff – save by switching to One Card for distributing their promotional materials? To answer that, let’s delve into the calculations and compare the costs of traditional printing and distribution methods with the innovative one card solution in pound sterling (£).
The traditional cost of printing and distribution.
First, let’s establish the average costs associated with designing, printing, and distributing brochures, leaflets, and catalogues for a company with 20 sales staff. Research by numerous print agencies suggests that the combined cost per unit can range from £0.50 to £1.50, depending on factors such as format, quantity, and print quality.
For simplicity’s sake, let’s assume that a company spends, on average, £0,75 per unit. Additionally, let’s suppose that each employee distributes 100 units of print material per week, which translates to a total of 5,200 units per year.
Number of units distributed per year = 20 employees × 5,200 units = 104,000 units
Total cost of printing and distribution per year = 104,000 units × £0.75 = £78,000
Introducing the One Card
A cost-effective solution with the annual cost of traditional print material distribution calculated for our hypothetical SME, let’s explore the potential financial benefits of adopting One Card.
One Card is a user-friendly platform that stores and presents all your contact and promotional content in one digital card, allowing you to share it instantly with clients and prospects. This transition can lead to cost-saving opportunities as your company reduces or even eliminates the need for printed materials.
Let’s assume that our SME opts for the “Core” package offered by One Card, with pricing at £15 per user per month. For the 20 sales staff, the annual subscription cost would be:
Annual subscription cost = 20 employees × 12 months × £15 = £3600
Potential Savings – Making the switch
As the calculations demonstrate, an SME with 20 sales staff could potentially save an incredible £74,400 per year by utilising One Card for distributing brochures, leaflets, and catalogues. However, bear in mind that these figures are based on ballpark estimates and should be adjusted according to specific company circumstances for accurate projections.
Additional benefits of using one card besides the significant cost savings achieved, using one card as a promotional distribution tool brings numerous other benefits to businesses:
- Real-time tracking and analytics: one card allows you to track the number of times your card has been viewed or shared, providing invaluable insights into the effectiveness of your promotional strategy.
- Environmentally friendly: adopting a digital solution like one card instead of printing multiple copies of paper material can considerably reduce your company’s carbon footprint, contributing to a greener future.
- Easy updates and customisation: with printed materials, updating or altering content usually requires an entirely new batch of prints at a significant expense. The one card platform allows users to make changes whenever desired, ensuring up-to-date information and promotional content is presented to clients.
- Enhanced customer engagement: in a world where smartphones have become the go-to tech tool for vast majorities, a digital solution like one card can help your sales team capitalise on this trend and provide their customers with a more engaging experience.
- Better space utilization: by eliminating the need for storage dedicated to physical promotional materials, companies can maximize existing spaces for other vital functions.
The adoption of innovative digital solutions such as one card for promotional material distribution can transform traditional sales and marketing strategies. By condensing all printed materials into a single, easily shareable, customizable digital card, businesses can significantly reduce costs while augmenting overall efficiency.
For SME’s with 20 sales staff, the potential savings and additional benefits offered by one card make it a worthwhile consideration when reassessing promotional and sales tactics. In an increasingly digital world, forward-thinking SME’s should be making the switch to help build their businesses.